Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This pasta contains two of my favorite things: mushrooms and gorgonzola. I love this recipe, very rich and delicious.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 onions, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fettuccine
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 3 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until onions are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and bell peppers and saute until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Cook fettuccine in large pot of boiling salted water, al dente.
- Drain and return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, add 1 1/4 cups whipping cream and cheese to mushroom mixture.
- Simmer gently over medium heat until cheese melts, stirring occasionally, about 4 min.
- Stir in chives and parsley.
- Add sauce to pasta; toss to coat.
- Season pasta to taste with salt& pepper.
- Transfer to bowl& serve.