Food & Wine. Italian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup canned low sodium chicken broth or 3/4 cup homemade stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 lb gorgonzola (about 2 cups) or 1/2 lb other blue cheese, crumbled (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1 1/4 lbs broccoli, thick stems removed, tops cut into small florets (about 2 stalks)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1In a medium stainless-steel pot, combine the broth and wine and bring to a boil over moderate heat. Cook until the mixture is reduced to about 2/3 cup, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2Reduce the heat to moderately low and add the Gorgonzola, cream, and butter. Bring to a simmer; cook, stirring, until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Add the salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- 3In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until almost done, about 9 minutes. Add the broccoli florets and bring back to a boil. Cook until the broccoli and pasta are just done, about 3 minutes longer. Drain.
- 4Toss the fettuccine and broccoli with the Gorgonzola sauce, Parmesan, and parsley. Serve with extra Parmesan.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine With Gorgonzola and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (529 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1241.9
- Calories from Fat 695
- Total Fat 77.2 g
- Saturated Fat 46.3 g
- Cholesterol 331.5 mg
- Sodium 1693.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 39.0 g