Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Food & Wine. Italian.
Make and share this Fettuccine With Gorgonzola and Broccoli recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup canned low sodium chicken broth or 3⁄4 cup homemade stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 lb gorgonzola (about 2 cups) or 1⁄2 lb other blue cheese, crumbled (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1 1⁄4 lbs broccoli, thick stems removed, tops cut into small florets (about 2 stalks)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium stainless-steel pot, combine the broth and wine and bring to a boil over moderate heat. Cook until the mixture is reduced to about 2/3 cup, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to moderately low and add the Gorgonzola, cream, and butter. Bring to a simmer; cook, stirring, until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Add the salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until almost done, about 9 minutes. Add the broccoli florets and bring back to a boil. Cook until the broccoli and pasta are just done, about 3 minutes longer. Drain.
- Toss the fettuccine and broccoli with the Gorgonzola sauce, Parmesan, and parsley. Serve with extra Parmesan.