Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
This is super with garden fresh tomatoes.
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and cut into chunks (such as Beefsteak)
- 4 roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh oregano leaves
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cook fettuccine al dente by following the package directions; drain; rinse under cold water; drain completely and set aside.
- To make the dressing: in a small bowl, mix together the vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk until the salt and sugar have dissolved, then whisk in the olive oil until an emulsion forms.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, capers, and oregano to a bowl; add in the dressing; toss gently to coat.
- To serve: serve fettuccine on individual plates; top with tomato mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.