Recipe by IngridH
This is adapted from "Emeril at the Grill", a cookbook I enjoy very much. I used this spread on lamb burgers, but it would also be great as a vegetable dip (thinned a bit) or a sandwich spread. The original recipe calls for mint, which I don't care for, so I replaced it with basil. Cooking time does not include time to chill.
Top Review by tarab5
Rating this recipe is a challenge. I ate this on crackers and after my first couple of bites, I decided this was too instense... but I kept eating. This makes a lot, so I kept eating it for days and found myself looking forward to the zing. I've decided the thing to do is to add some sour cream to the mixture so I can keep the flavor, but tone it down a notch. This would probably make a really nice vegetarian sandwich with a slice of tomato... maybe some lettuce.
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temp
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons green onions (green part only)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper