Serve this with a nice green salad to complete the meal. It is one of my favourite weekend treats.
Make and share this Feta Salmon Fishcakes recipe from Food.com.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into chunks and boil until tender.
- Drain and mash (without butter or milk) until smooth and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, put a little of the oil in a frying pan and when it is heated, add the red pepper and salmon fillet.
- Use a fork to break the salmon into pieces, then cook the fish until it is flaky and the red pepper until it is soft, about five minutes.
- When the mash is cool, season it generously with black pepper and then sift the flour over the top.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix the flour in until it disappears.
- Whisk the egg and add it to the mixture, stirring well.
- Crumble the feta over the top and snip the chives into the bowl.
- Finally add the red pepper and salmon and stir again to mix evenly.
- Dust your hands with flour and form the mixture into patties.
- You can make 12 cookie sized patties or 6 larger cakes.
- Add the rest of the oil to the frying pan and, when very hot, lay out some of the potato cakes but be careful not to overcrowd the pan.
- Fry for three minutes to form a thin, crisp layer, then carefully turn to cook the other side.
- Keep warm in the oven while you finish cooking.
- Serve dusted with parmesan and sprinkled with a few extra chives.
- By the way, if you find forming the patties difficult, you can also just drop the potato mixture into the pan for more irregular but less messy fish cakes.