1/2 Photos of Feta Salmon Fishcakes
Serve this with a nice green salad to complete the meal. It is one of my favourite weekend treats.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the potatoes, cut into chunks and boil until tender.
- 2Drain and mash (without butter or milk) until smooth and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, put a little of the oil in a frying pan and when it is heated, add the red pepper and salmon fillet.
- 4Use a fork to break the salmon into pieces, then cook the fish until it is flaky and the red pepper until it is soft, about five minutes.
- 5When the mash is cool, season it generously with black pepper and then sift the flour over the top.
- 6Use a wooden spoon to mix the flour in until it disappears.
- 7Whisk the egg and add it to the mixture, stirring well.
- 8Crumble the feta over the top and snip the chives into the bowl.
- 9Finally add the red pepper and salmon and stir again to mix evenly.
- 10Dust your hands with flour and form the mixture into patties.
- 11You can make 12 cookie sized patties or 6 larger cakes.
- 12Add the rest of the oil to the frying pan and, when very hot, lay out some of the potato cakes but be careful not to overcrowd the pan.
- 13Fry for three minutes to form a thin, crisp layer, then carefully turn to cook the other side.
- 14Keep warm in the oven while you finish cooking.
- 15Serve dusted with parmesan and sprinkled with a few extra chives.
- 16By the way, if you find forming the patties difficult, you can also just drop the potato mixture into the pan for more irregular but less messy fish cakes.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Feta Salmon Fishcakes
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.3
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 119.7 mg
- Sodium 415.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 26.6 g