This quiche makes a yummy, light dinner. Serve with a mug of soup, and a small tossed salad to complete the meal.
- Ready In:
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, well drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 eggs
- 3 -4 tablespoons grated pecorino romano cheese
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, diced small
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts (bottom only)
- Cut artichoke hearts into quarters, or large dice.
- In frying pan over low heat, add oil, saute whole garlic cloves for a minute or so.
- Add artichoke hearts and saute them until they start to brown.
- Remove garlic cloves, and let the artichokes cool.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, add the cream, Romano and mozzerella cheeses and pepper, mixing well.
- Add the artichokes and the oil from the pan to the egg mixture, mix well.
- Spoon mixture into pie crust.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 35 minutes or until filling is set and just starts to brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was delicious! I made a couple changes: as suggested, I used 8 oz instead of 4 oz of mozzarella and I used 3 cloves of garlic that I smashed once with a flat knife because I like garlic. I had to cook for an extra 15 minutes and it probably could've cooked longer but I was STARVING. Next time I'll use shredded mozzarella and use less olive oil. Thank you for posting I will be saving it.Reply
see 7 more