Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/3 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut up
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives or 1⁄2 cup ripe olives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted red sweet pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3 pita bread rounds
- Preheat broiler.
- In a medium skillet cook onion and garlic in olive oil and sesame oil over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cream cheese and feta cheese; stir until mixture is nearly smooth.
- Stir in olives, sweet peppers, and dillweed. Set aside.
- Using a long serrated knife, split pita rounds in half horizontally to form two circles.
- Place, cut side up, on a large ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil 3 inches from heat for 1 minute or until pita rounds are lightly toasted.
- Spread each pita round with about 1/3 cup of the cheese mixture.
- Broil about 1 minute more or until hot.
- To serve, use a sharp knife or kitchen scissors to cut each round into 6 wedges.
Great appie - I would not normally have tea cups etc in here but I did this appie for the High tea event in the Photo forum. We loved the appetizer and will make it again for sure. I used small 4" pitas so split in half two made enough for 3 persons appetizer - served with a Mart Mart of course Thanks for posting