1/1 Photo of Festive Rice Salad
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
In 30 minutes or less you have not only a wonderful tasting salad but a beautiful salad. I make this for the holidays. Really looks and taste great and everyone loves it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves or 2 minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, slivered
- 1Rinse the rice under cold running water until the water runs clear. Drain thoroughly.
- 2Place the rice, chicken broth and water in a heavy saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring gently to keep the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- 3When the water is boiling rapidly, stop stirring, cover the pan with the lid and turn the heat down to low. Let cook, without lifting the lid, for 20 minutes.
- 4Remove from the heat, lift the lid to release the steam, and replace it immediately. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes and serve.
- 5Meanwhile, crush the garlic with the salt making a rough paste. Add the garlic paste to the vinaigrette and let stand for at least 15 minutes to combine flavors.
- 6Add the vinaigrette to the cooled rice and toss with the vegetables.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Festive Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.1
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 251.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: