Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Colorful, fresh, non-complicated pasta salad that's great for potlucks or as part of a holiday feast. Best when served at room temperature. The feta cheese is a wonderful compliment to the fresh veggies!
- 1 (1 lb) box orzo pasta (rice shaped pasta)
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained well & chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar, to taste
- 1 tablespoon salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons pepper, to taste
- Boil Orzo as directed on package, drain well
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1/4 cup of olive oil to Orzo while cooling to keep pasta from clumping together.
- Add chopped ingredients to cooled (room temperature)orzo and mix lightly. Add remainder of olive oil.
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar to taste mixing lightly.
- Add Feta Cheese and mix.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste. Be sure to add salt after the Feta Cheese, and taste check often, as Feta Cheese is very salty.
- You can add more or less olive oil to taste.
- Serve at room temperature in a clear bowl to show off colors.
- This can sit out during potlucks and be refrigerated later for wonderful left-overs!
This was a good recipe for a light side dish.I made a few changes. I ommitted the feta cheese and substituted shredded jack cheese. I also left the out the olives. I squeezed a lemon into the vinegar/oil dressing for a fresh flavor and added fresh chopped parsley. I'll make it again.