Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A hearty Brazilian stew. From Cooking Light. Per 1 cup serving: 415 calories, 12.2 g fat, 28.6 g protein, 50.6 g carb, 8.9 g fiber, 43 mg cholesterol.
Top Review by sjsalazar
This is a go-to quick weeknight meal for me. Maybe it should have a different name - I just call it black beans and sausage. :) I add extra chipotles because DH loves spicy. It makes a lot - I usually half it.
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 3/4 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 4 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
- 1 lb turkey kielbasa, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium-high heat, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add onion, thyme, and garlic; stir/saute for 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth; scrap pan to loosen browned bits.
- Add in beans, chiles, and kielbasa.
- Cover and lower heat; simmer 45 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Sprinkle with parsley.