1/2 Photos of Feathery Fudge Cupcakes
Jessa M's Note:
These feathery, moist, fudgey cupcakes are the all time chocolate lovers favorite. Relatively easy to make, healthy, and satisfying, these cupcakes are sure to be a hit with kids, at a party, or just to satisfy your own chocolate craving. (Recipe was originally a cake recipe. To make as a cake bake for 30-35 minutes in two 9x 1.5- inch round greased baking pans.) Note: These cupcakes are light and fluffy so piping frosting on them instead of spreading generally works easier with less possibility of crumbling. This recipe comes from Better Homes and Gardens CHOCOLATE cookbook. It has been a family favorite for birthday cakes for years!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees for silver pans or 325 degrees for black pans (if hotter temps. are used with black pans dessert will taste overcooked). Place cupcake liners in cupcake pans. Melt the chocolate squares in the microwave and set aside to cool. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt (medium sized bowl). In a seperate bowl (large size), beat the margarine till light and fluffy. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat together. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well. Stir in the cooled chocolate. Then, add the dry ingredients and water alternately to the chocolate mixture beating after each addition. Scoop the batter into the liners.
- 2Cook silver cupcake pans for 23-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 3Cook darker pans for 20 minutes at 325 degrees.
- 4To check to see if cake is done, insert a toothpick into the middle. The toothpick should come out clean. Remove the finished cupcakes from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Then, place them on wire racks to cool. Once cooled (completely or frosting will melt), eat plain or frost with your favorite buttercream or other frosting.
- 5Buttercream frosting can be made easily by starting with mostly confectioners sugar and adding 1-2 sticks of margarine or butter, a teaspoon of vanilla, and by slowly adding milk till mixture reaches consistency for piping or spreading. Once frosting is done to the taste and texture, food coloring (paste) can be added to color it.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Feathery Fudge Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.5
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 151.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g