Chocolate Lovers Favorite Cake
Rich & delicious.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In large bowl, beat first 6 ingredients till well blended (mixture will be thick). Stir in chocolate. chips.
- Pour into greased 9 or 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 55-60 minutes.
- (test with a toothpick) Cool in pan 5 minutes, remove and cool on rack completely before serving.
- Note: Can be dusted with powdered sugar or topped with a chocolate or vanilla glaze.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Another winner from Marg. Your recipes never disappoint. I made this as an extra to take to a baby shower that I attended. The guests went crazy for this delicious cake. It was wonderful, moist, tender, rich, light, fluffy and very tasty. I used a chocolate ganache to frost this treat and found that it didn't need anything else. Thanks for sharing another wonderful chocolate cake recipe.Reply
I wanted to make a chocolate cake and this recipe caught my eye. I had already started pouring and mixing when I realized I only had about 1/2 a cup of sour cream. All I had in my fridge was one vanilla yogurt and one blueberry. I added enough of the yogurt to make two cups, reduced the melted butter to 1/2cup ( I had 5 XL eggs), baked it for 65 minutes. After it cooled I dusted it with powdered sugar and ohhhhhh, so good. Thank you Marg for the wonderful recipe. I will make this again, and next time I will follow the recipe :)Reply
see 5 more