Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are my favorite cheesecake squares so far, but I won't stop looking for more.
Make and share this Favorite Cheesecake Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, brown packed
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, granulated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup smarties candies or 3⁄4 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat margarine and brown sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add flour and walnuts; mix well.
- Reserve 1/2 cup crumb mixture; press remaining crumb mixture into bottom of 8" sqaure pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese (nuke for 15 seconds to soften), garnulated sugar and vanilla; mixing at medium speed and electric mixer till well blended.
- Add egg; mix well.
- Layer 1/2 cup Smarties or M&Ms over crust; top with cream cheese mixture.
- Combine remaining candy, chopped and reserve crumb mixture; mix well.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees, 20 minutes.
I made this for a potluck lunch at work to rave reviews...what I loved the most was how quick it was to make...The crust is easy and is the perfect texture (not too hard that it's hard to cut, but does not crumble either). The filling is so yummy...there are lots of options if you don't like smarties too.
Really tasty! I ran out of Smarties so substituted 1/2 of them with chocolate chips. Still sinnfully yummy. :)