Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy veggie soup with not so typical veggies!
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup squash, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Spray a large pot with cooking spray and cook garlic, onion, and celery for about 5 minutes just into crisp tender. Stir constantly.
- Add vegetable broth, cabbage, basil, and oregano. Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and squash and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot!
A very nice soup, seasoning is spot on-love that it does not rely on salt. Was tempted to add black pepper but didn't - and liked it exactly as posted. I used butternut squash as store had some in a chunk already and did add red pepper -we love colored bell pepper. Made for my PAC Spring 2010 baby. Thank you Linzi for sharing.
We had this for dinner tonight, and we loved it1 This will be our staple veggie soup from now on, so much flavour! i was expecting to need to add pepper and such at the table, and hubby brought out the worcestershire sauce...but we added nothing, it was perfect1 I mailed Linzi this morning about the squash, but by the time I re-checked my mail, I had already shopped. Her recipe calls for yellow summer squash, but I used butternut pumpkin. I will make it the same way next time. The trick is to cut everything very fine, and simmer slowly. My only change was to add an extra cup of broth, but that possibly wouldn't be needed if you ate it as soon as it is cooked. Great recipe Linzi :) [Made for Fall 08 PAC]