Recipe by Brian Holley
Tender cubes of beef cooked in a rich paprika and wine sauce, topped with sour cream, this recipe is so much better than those using ground beef. This recipe is intended for users of pressure cookers, having said that it can also be cooked in a crock pot or oven. The pressure cooker is fast to use when time is against you. The addition of sour cream makes this a super dish. Serve over boiled rice or noodles, but also good with boiled potatoes and green beans.
- 3 lbs lean beef, cubed
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 pints chicken stock, made with cubes
- 5 fluid ounces dry white wine
- 5 fluid ounces sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a frying pan, melt the butter and fry the meat till lightly browned. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and put into pressure cooker.
- In the remaining butter fry the onions and carrots for 5 minutes
- Sprinkle the paprika and flour over the onions stir and fry lightly for 1 minute.
- Slowly add the stock and wine , stirring all the time. Bring to the boil.
- Pour the stock with the onions over the meat. Bring pressure cooker to correct working pressure and cook for 20 minutes.
- Release pressure and serve with the sour cream poured over the meat.