Prep 2 mins
Cook 40 mins
I came up with this in an effort to convince my family to like Spaghetti Squash... It worked! We're all hooked!
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for pan frying
- The best way to cook Spaghetti Squash is to stab it a few times with a small knife. Microwave on High for 7 minutes, roll it over, and nuke til it gives when you push on it (about 7 minutes depending on the size of your squash). Cool til you can handle it. Chop off the stem end, cut lengthwise, scoop out the fibers and the seeds. With a fork, scrape out the spaghetti. Mix with all other ingredients and pan fry by large spoonfuls til crispy and golden brown. Warning -- These are addictive!
Great idea! Tweeked just a little. Red onions because that is what I had on hand and also added 1/3 cup of parm cheese from the shaker in the fridg. Husband had no idea that it was not potatoe pancakes! I used super large scoop of mixture...not a good idea...hard to flip and ended up falling apart....learned. Make "patties" about 3" in diameter. I used couple shakes of garlic powder because I was not sure if fresh was what was needed. They turned out great!