- Ready In:
- 5 -6 squash (yellow or green, or mix)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Grate the squash with a cheese grater into mixing bowl.
- Add the cheese, onion and egg.
- Mix together and then add flour until it is almost a dry mix.
- Heat oil in skillet and drop spoon size amounts of mixture into hot grease and take spoon and flatten them to make into shape of pancake.
- Fry until golden brown and sprinkle with salt.
Join The Conversation
Oh my these are good, good, good! I had never eaten squash fritters before. I just had to taste them after they were done even though my meat wasn't done yet. They are so good that I am having to force myself not to eat all of them before dinner is served. I will definitely make these again. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
A delicious way to serve squash. I used 2 medium to large zucchini. The onions were chopped using the food processor then the squash and cheese shredded with the medium shredder blade. It is important to get the mixture tight so it holds together. I think I did use more flour than the recipe called for. These were served with curry ketchup on the side. Made for PAC Fall 2011.