Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
i found this recipe at top secret recipes and everyone loves it! they have 2 versions, this was made from the fat-free version although i have been too afraid to actually use the fat free miracle whip. i just used this recipe because the list of ingredients is so short compared to the other version and it tastes perfect everytime i make it. i have shared this recipe with many friends and family members.
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 cups cabbage, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded then minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- Combine miracle whip with sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix well with electric beater until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cabbage, carrot and onion mixture and toss well. (be sure the cabbage and carrot are chopped into very small pieces, about the size of rice.)
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours, preferably over night, before serving. To make things even easier i usually just buy the pre packaged cole slaw bags in the produce dept. they have the carrots and cabbage already chopped. i just chop them up smaller and use that instead of cutting up my own fresh ingredients.
Yummy coleslaw! I took your shortcut and bought the bagged preshredded coleslaw mix and just whizzed it in the food processor for a few seconds to chop it more finely. I thought the Miracle Whip added a nice zip although I did use just a little less sugar. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
This was quite bland for our taste and not very much like KFC which I LOVE. I had to add vinegar, salt, pepper.