This is a recipe that my mom got from a neighbor 20 years ago. Its easy to make and so delicious! We still make this often as it has become a family favorite! Best thing is if you are watching what you eat, the ingredients in this recipe can be switched to low fat items with the same result. From my kitchen to yours!! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb pork
- 1 (7 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies (i like the hot ones but if you don't care for hot use mild.)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (regular or fat free)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (regular or fat free)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) bag of four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) bag corn tortillas
- 1brown your ground meat of choice and drain.
- 2then add taco seasoning, rotel tomatoes and chiles, and the two cans of soup. stir together until well blended and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3remove from heat.
- 4cut or tear corn tortillas into fourths and layer bottom of 9.5 x 13.5 casserole dish or baking pan.
- 5then add a layer of meat mixture.
- 6next sprinkle some of the shredded cheese.
- 7then repeat.(tortillas, meat mixture, cheese.) the same as you would layer lasagna.
- 8the last layer should be corn tortilla topped with a liberal amount of shredded cheese.
- 9preheat oven to 350, place casserole dish in oven and bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes until cheese on top is melted. remove from oven and enjoy!
- 10i like to top mine with sour cream and gaucomole! YUMMY!
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fast and Easy Enchilada Pie!!
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.1
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 134.8 mg
- Sodium 1727.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 36.2 g