Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe that my mom got from a neighbor 20 years ago. Its easy to make and so delicious! We still make this often as it has become a family favorite! Best thing is if you are watching what you eat, the ingredients in this recipe can be switched to low fat items with the same result. From my kitchen to yours!! Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb pork
- 1 (7 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies (i like the hot ones but if you don't care for hot use mild.)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (regular or fat free)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (regular or fat free)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) bagof four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) bag corn tortillas
- brown your ground meat of choice and drain.
- then add taco seasoning, rotel tomatoes and chiles, and the two cans of soup. stir together until well blended and simmer for 5 minutes.
- remove from heat.
- cut or tear corn tortillas into fourths and layer bottom of 9.5 x 13.5 casserole dish or baking pan.
- then add a layer of meat mixture.
- next sprinkle some of the shredded cheese.
- then repeat.(tortillas, meat mixture, cheese.) the same as you would layer lasagna.
- the last layer should be corn tortilla topped with a liberal amount of shredded cheese.
- preheat oven to 350, place casserole dish in oven and bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes until cheese on top is melted. remove from oven and enjoy!
- i like to top mine with sour cream and gaucomole! YUMMY!
this is an excellent recipe for anyone from beginners to busy parents sure to satisfy everyone
This was absolutely awesome! My son loved it and said this recipe was a keeper. The only change I made was I used flour tortilla's instead of corn because that is what I had on hand. I served it with sour cream and chunky salsa. This recipe will definitely be one that I make often. Thanks loca1107!
This is the best Enchilada Pie I ever had! I give it an easy 5 Star plus. Next time though, I'll have to more then double this, because the pan was scraped cleaned.... You did good loca1107!