1/3 Photos of Farmhouse Loaded Mashed Potatoes
This is an ideal dish to prepare ahead of time, then pop it in the oven to reheat at meal-time. OR skip the oven part altogether if you can work quickly and get the cheese into the spuds while they're toasty hot (so the cheese melts). Original recipe comes from "Best of Country Cooking 2003" by Reiman Publications with my own personal tweakings (of course)!
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes in large pot, cover with water; boil until fork-tender.
- 2While that is cooking, fry bacon; drain & crumble; slice onions; set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 350; grease a 3-quart casserole dish; set aside.
- 4Drain the potatoes, dump into mixing bowl, add sour cream, milk, butter, salt & pepper; beat on medium-low until light and fluffy.
- 5Stir in TWO cups cheese, bacon crumbles, and onion slices.
- 6Transfer mixture to prepared dish, sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- 7Bake (UNCOVERED) for 30 minutes OR heated through--cheese will be melted & bubbly.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farmhouse Loaded Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.1
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 52.7 mg
- Sodium 338.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 11.8 g