Recipe by SweetySJD
This is a very versatile recipe. Use whatever vegetables, herbs, and cheese you want.
Top Review by Susie D
I saw this recipe in Fall 2011 Pick A Chef & am so glad I tried it! The dish satisfied my craving for potatoes and I loved the addition of fresh veggies. I didn't add the corn or cheese, but missed neither. The dish is well flavored & colorful on the plate. I'll definitely be making this side again. Thank you for sharing the recipe! :-)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb small red potato, quartered
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh herb (such as thyme, basil or rosemary)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (goat cheese or bleu cheese work too)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Add onion, garlic, zucchini and beans. Cook, stirring about 2 minutes.
- Add broth and cook, stirring occastionally, 2 minutes.
- Add corn, tomatoes and herbs.
- Cover and cook over medium heat just until potatoes are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with cheese to serve, if desired.