Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A breakfast tradition. A light cottage cheese like spread with onions and herbs. Spread on sliced French baguettes, or toasted English muffins.
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package farmer cheese, i buy about 6 at a time when i find it and store it in the freezer (It's usually near the cream cheese if the store has it)
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon milk
- salt and pepper
- Combine above ingredients in a small bowl. Thin with milk to a chip-dip consistency.
- Spread on French sourdough rolls, or sliced French baguettes, etc.
Seems like I should have liked this. I love bread, I eat ricotta and cottage chesse by the truckload, I enjoy the flavor dill and onion give to things, but I really didn't like this at all. I made it as directed and ate it on a toasted English muffin, and the combination of flavors and textures just really didn't work for me, too much onion, but beyond that I couldn't pinpoint exactly why. Sorry.
Tangy and creamy. I didn't have the chives. I liked it better with some pepper added. I ate it on Russian black bread before dinner.