Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I call this farfelle, I don't know why because the inspiration came from Kraft and was called pappardelle. Anyway, we love this no matter the name. It is fast and easy with things we always have on hand.
- 226.79 g pasta, uncooked
- 473.18 ml broccoli florets
- 14.79 ml oil
- 453.59 g turkey link sausage or 453.59 g kielbasa, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 59.14-118.29 ml chopped onion
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut into thin strips, halved crosswise (pickled)
- 236.59 ml reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 158.51 ml half-and-half or 158.51 ml milk
- 4.92 ml dried oregano leaves
- 236.59 ml cream cheese
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese
- COOK pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt and adding broccoli to the boiling water for the last 2 minute
- MEANWHILE, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook on medium heat 5 min., stirring occasionally. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minute or until onions are translucent and sausage is lightly browned.
- DRAIN pasta mixture. Add to skillet along with broth, half-and-half or milk, roasted pickled peppers and oregano; cook and stir 3 to 5 minute or until sauce is slightly thickened. Top with shredded cheese; cook 1 to 2 minute or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with Parmesan.