Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I call this farfelle, I don't know why because the inspiration came from Kraft and was called pappardelle. Anyway, we love this no matter the name. It is fast and easy with things we always have on hand.
- 1⁄2 lb pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb turkey link sausage or 1 lb kielbasa, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut into thin strips, halved crosswise (pickled)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half or 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- COOK pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt and adding broccoli to the boiling water for the last 2 minute
- MEANWHILE, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook on medium heat 5 min., stirring occasionally. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minute or until onions are translucent and sausage is lightly browned.
- DRAIN pasta mixture. Add to skillet along with broth, half-and-half or milk, roasted pickled peppers and oregano; cook and stir 3 to 5 minute or until sauce is slightly thickened. Top with shredded cheese; cook 1 to 2 minute or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Great week night dinner, simple and delicious. The only thing I did differently was to use some pizza blend cheese on top. It's been in the fridge for awhile and worked very nicely. The outcome on the whole was very tasty and I loved the broccoli being incorporated into the dish. This will surely be made again and I could pretty much see any veggie on hand being used here.