Recipe by Sackville
I saw this while searching for blue cheese recipes and thought it sounded too good to ignore.
Top Review by Doc's Mom
We thought this recipe was very good. I should have added a little more blue cheese (I think using a good blue cheese makes a difference, you can't beat Point Reyes... yum) . Per another reviewer, I did add a little more garlic.
- 1⁄2 lb farfalle pasta (bow-tie)
- 6 ounces cooked chicken breasts, sliced 1/4 inch (may be grilled, poached or broiled)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed,cut into 1-1/2 inch lengths
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, loosely packed,sliced thinly
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse, drain and set aside.
- In medium nonstick skillet, heat olive oil; add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute more; add asparagus, red bell pepper, and 1/2 cup water.
- Cook uncovered until water evaporates and asparagus is tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in basil, pasta, and sliced chicken; add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Gently blend in blue cheese and serve immediately.