Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm a cheesy pasta lover and this is one of my favorites! It's lighter than your normal mac and cheese but still creamy and I often find I just can't stop eating it. I don't eat a lot of meat but this is also delicious with grilled chicken strips added.
- 1⁄2 lb cooked farfalle pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh peas or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream or 1⁄3 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup asiago cheese, finely diced
- grinding black pepper
- Cook and drain farfalle and return to pot.
- Add olive oil to pasta.
- Mix the pasta quickly with peas, tomatoes, cream, cheese, salt and pepper over medium-high heat.
- Transfer to platter and serve.