This recipe is from the mother of a student, and it is the BEST peanut butter fudge I have ever had. I usually use real butter and not margarine when I cook, so I will substitute the margarine in this recipe. From what I have tasted, however, it is still delicious when made with margarine.
- Combine sugar, margarine, and milk in heavy 2 1/2 quart saucepan. Bring to full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium. Continue boiling for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter.
- Add marshmallow cream, nuts, and vanilla. Beat until blended.
- Pour into greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Let cool, and cut into 1-inch squares.