Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A rich, banana pudding that I adapted from a dirt pudding recipe. It's the best banana pudding I've ever had.
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages banana instant pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 -4 bananas
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Place some vanilla wafers at the bottom of the dish you will serve the banana pudding out of.
- In another bowl, mix puddings with milk. Set aside. *It will be soupy but it DOES thicken up during the next step*.
- Stir together cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar until very smooth. I like to microwave my butter and cream cheese to soften them both up.
- Add sugar mixture into pudding and stir well to combine. Your pudding should be very thick and pudding-like by now.
- Slice up bananas!
- Fold bananas and Cool Whip into the pudding mixture. Do not stir until combined. Just fold it inches.
- Pour over vanilla wafers.
- Add vanilla wafers on top. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving to "set.".