I got this squash casserole recipe from a friend probably 30 years ago. It is always a hit. Hope you like it. Can be made the day before and baked the next day.
- Wash and dice squash.
- Put in saucepan.
- Add 2 cups water.
- Bring to boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Saute bell pepper and onion in skillert with butter.
- Add pepper & onion mixtue, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add eggs and milk.
- Mix well.
- Spray a 2 quart casserole with Pam.
- Spoon mixture into casserole.
- Bake in 325 degree oven 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake 10 minutes more or until breadcrumbs brown.