Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my favorite pie recipes, it's buttery fantastic, and the filling always bakes out perfectly, this recipe makes two pies, good thing cause you will be eating one yourself lol! You can use a frozen pie crust for this, but still prebake for 8 minutes. If you are a cinnamon-lover then use the 4 teaspoons. I promise, you will love this pie!!!! Prep time does not include making the pie crusts.
- 2 (9 inch) prepared pie crusts
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup butter, softened (no subsitiutes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 -4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup soft flaked coconut
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Line two 9-inch pie plates with pastry, flute as desired.
- Prick holes all over the pastry using a fork.
- Bake for 8 minutes; cool on wire racks.
- Place the raisins in a saucepan and cover with water, bring to a boil, then remove from heat; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter with both sugars.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla and cinnamon until thoroughly combined.
- Drain the raisins, then stir into the creamed mixture along with nuts and coconut (the mixture with look slightly curdled).
- Evenly divide the mixture between the two crusts.
- Place the pies on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees (bottom oven rack) for 30-35 minutes or until set.
- Cool and top with whipped cream or ice cream.
I made this pie for my 94 year old Aunt, she had told me that her mother made it when she was a child. It turned out great. I was not a prepared as I should of been as far as prep work. Next time I will be better organized before starting. It might add that is done when knife inserted comes out clean.