Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a fantastic clone for the store-bought marshmallow fluff and one I have used for years, it's easy to make and so much cheaper than the store-bought, I always use this instead of the real thing and it freezes well also, see note on bottom --- use this in any recipe calling for marshmallow fluff, I have also made this using dark corn syrup it is just a little darker in colour but it works just as well :)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cups light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups icing sugar (confectioner's)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites, corn syrup and salt; beat with mixer in high speed for 10 minutes or until thick.
- Add in icing sugar; beat on low speed until blended.
- Beat in vanilla until blended.
- Use this in any recipe called for marshmallow creme.
- *NOTE* This recipe makes a lot of fluff, but may be frozen for later use, just remove from freezer and stir well with a spoon, or it can be refrigerated for up to 1 week, just make sure to stir well with a spoon before using.