1/5 Photos of Fantastic Hot 'n' Spicy Wings
1 hr 35 mins
This is the BEST recipe for hot wings and I have tried many others over the years ---I make these quite often for my parties and everyone loves them --- you may double all ingredients if desired, if you are doubling the ingredients, I suggest to just start with 2 tablespoons hot sauce such as Louisiana hot sauce then add more to reach the desired heat --- I have even prepared these on the grill instead of the broiler and then finished cooking them in the oven with the sauce, another idea is you may cook the wings hours in advance or even a day ahead cool slightly and just leave them in the fridge overnight, then the following day just coat them in the hot sauce and then bake them in the oven, you may even prepare the hot sauce a day ahead in fact it tastes even better if prepared in advance just refrigerate overnight, preparing the wings and the sauce in advance is a great time saver if you are making them for a crowd,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken wings, cut in two and tip removed
- 1/2 cup ketchup (I have even used the hot ketchup for this!)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (use more or less, depending on amount of heat desired)
- 2 -3 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons minced dried onion
- 1Set oven to broil.
- 2Prepare the wings on a shallow cookie sheet that is lined with foil, and spray with a non-stick cooking spray, or prepare a broiler pan.
- 3Arrange the wings evenly in a single layer.
- 4Place under the broiler until lightly browned (watch closely to not burn the wings) set wings aside.
- 5In a saucepan combine all sauce ingredients, and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes (adjust the hot pepper sauce to suit taste).
- 6Up to this point, all above can all be prepared a day in advance and refrigerated.
- 7Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- 8Using long tongs, dip each wing in the hot sauce, and place evenly on a greased baking sheet.
- 9Bake for 35-40 minutes (basting with remaining sauce during cooking).
- 10To crisp up the wings, place under broiler for a couple of minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Hot 'n' Spicy Wings
Serving Size: 1 (1813 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1204.5
- Calories from Fat 656
- Total Fat 72.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 349.5 mg
- Sodium 1479.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 44.0 g
- Protein 85.4 g