Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found this recipe on another website. I just tried this last night with the family....I thought it was fantastic, but my family thought it was a little too spicy. I think next time I will cut the Cajun spice down and add some Beau Monde instead.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 lb cooked ham, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup converted rice
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 -3 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and devained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 6 scallions, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a 4-5 quart Dutch oven, heat 1 t oil over med-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning for about 4 min, transfer to a plate. Add ham and sausage, cook until lightly browned, about 3 minute Transfer to plate with chicken. Add remaining 1 T oil to Dutch oven. Add onion, celery and garlic; cook until softened about 4 minute Stir in rice, tomatoes, broth, bell pepper, Cajun seasoning, bay leaves and meats, bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender about 35 minute Add shrimp, pushing into the mixture, then cover and bake until shrimp is opaque 5-10 minute Discard bay leaves. Sprinkle with parsley and scallions.