Recipe by Annacia
This is an easy and uncommon recipe that is loved in my home. It simple enough for everyday but it works very well for a make as do ahead for Thanksgiving. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Top Review by Boomette
I didn't grease the dish but I think it would have been better. It was hard to remove from the dish. I used Spartan apples (9 smalls). I used splenda and cinnamon in the filling and topping. It's very good but sweet. Thanks Annacia :) Made for Holiday tag
- 1 spice cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 6 -8 golden delicious apples, sliced, cored, and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute or 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 tbsp. butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crust ingredients.
- Press into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Stir together the filling: sliced apples, sugar, and cinnamon together. Spread over cake mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and remaining butter until mixture turns into coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle on the apples.
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until top is golden.