Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 113.39 g pancetta, chopped (cut as thick as bacon from the deli)
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 portabella mushroom caps, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped with greens
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 stalk fresh rosemary
- 8 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 946.36-1182.95 ml kale or 946.36-1182.95 ml chard leaves, trimmed of tough ends and veins and coarsely chopped
- 425.24 g can cannellini beans, drained
- 396.89 g canpetite diced tomatoes
- 946.0 ml chicken broth
- 473.18 ml vegetable broth
- parmigiano, rind
- 236.59 ml ditalini
- grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Heat a soup pot over med-high heat; add olive oil.
- Add in the pancetta; brown for 2 minutes.
- Add in the red pepper flakes, garlic, mushrooms, onions, carrots, and celery; cook 5-6 minutes, until mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Season with salt and pepper; add in rosemary stems and sage; add in zucchini and chopped greens; stir them in to the pot until all the greens wilt down, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the beans, tomatoes, broths, and cheese rind; cover with lid and bring to a boil.
- Uncover and add ditalini pasta; cook for 7-8 minutes at a rolling simmer, uncovered, until the pasta is al dente.
- Remove pot from heat; remove the rind and now bare rosemary stems; adjust salt/pepper to taste.
- Ladle soup into shallow bowls; top with grated cheese; serve with crusty bread.
Great recipe. I added hot Italian sausage to this recipe ... Out of this world
This is by far one of my favorite soups. And it is so easy to make.
Seriously tasty minestrone with lots of veggies and flavors in it.