Recipe by ElaineAnn
The leaves are starting to turn so it's time to switch to cozy comfort foods. This is quick and easy and your house will smell wonderful while it's baking!
Top Review by kitty.rock
This was very good. Made to take to a New Year's Eve pot luck with church friends. Easy to make and great flavors. Perfect dump cake for the colder weather. Thanks for posting ElaineAnn - made for your FOOTBALL POOL WIN, December 2010!
- 1 (18 ounce) spice cake mix
- 1 (42 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pour apple pie filling into a 9x13" baking dish.
- Mix together cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and sugar. Sprinkle mixture over pie filling.
- Pour dry cake mix over apples.
- Dot with butter and scatter nuts on top.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes until browned on top and bubbling on the sides.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.