Baked Apple Pancake Dump Cake
photo by Roxanne J.R.
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Prepare an 8"x8" pan with cooking spray.
- Melt butter and lightly sauté sugar, cinnamon and apples for 5 minutes. Spoon apples into baking pan.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
- Beat flour, baking powder, milk, salt, and egg yolks until smooth.
- Fold egg whites and batter together.
- Pour batter over apple slices.
- Bake at 400 degrees fahrenheit for about 10 to 12 minutes or until pancake is done.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We enjoyed the recipe, but it turned out a little different than I expected. While it was very light tasting, it didn't puff up the way I thought it would. Also, sauteeing the apples for 5 mins, and then only cooking the combined dish for 10 mins, really wasn't enough time for the apples to get soft - so mine had a slight bite to them. I would use this recipe, in conjunction with others, for brunch.
This is so light and delicious and bakes up quick to boot! I used brown sugar to saute my apples and cut the recipe down to 2 servings and baked in a mini loaf pan. It puffed up really high in such a small pan but it came out tasting exceptional! I topped mine with caramel sauce and whipped topping. It was like eating dessert for breakfast! MMM. Thanks for sharing Kat. Made for Sweet Traditions Tag Game.
see 5 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a now vegan who used to make one heck of a souvlaki. I love cooking, I was a huge fan of Moosewood and Molly Katzen prior to going vegan (although that has nothing to do with my choosing the name Katzen - that's just what my German Grandma has called me all my life.) Aside from cooking, I also love scuba diving, cycling, politics, and reading.