Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chicken breasts smothered in a cream sauce that whips up in 30 minutes! Variations of this recipe are endless, think of this as the base limited only by your imagination. Delicious!
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup thickened cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat oil and cook onions until almost soft. Add garlic and mushrooms, cook til mushrooms soften. Set aside and keep warm.
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces Brown chicken in hot pan, adding more oil if required.
- Add onion, garlic and mushroom mixture back to pan. Stir in chicken broth and Italian herbs.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes, simmering over low heat.
- Add sour cream, thickened cream and bacon, stir through until warmed, DO NOT boil as it will separate. Just heat it gently for a few minutes until the flavours blend.
- For a change, add broccoli pieces in the last few minutes of cooking, or green beans, corn niblets -- serve over pasta if you like or as a dish on it's own. A definite favourite at my house!
Fabulous, adaptable recipe. It's been enthusiastically received both times I've made it for my family. I dressed it up with fresh herbs - thyme and oregano - and used chanterelle mushrooms. Funny thing: my son asked me, "What do you call this chicken?" and I replied, "Fabulous!"
A easy recipe that has dinner on the table in 30 minutes. I did sprinkle the optional bacon over each individual serving as well as freshly grated Parmesan. I think that additional garlic and/or some red pepper flakes would be a nice addition. Made for *PAC Fall 2008*
This was great! Hubby and I both loved it!