Mexican Lime Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This gives a new twist to your plain chicken breasts. The longer you marinate it, the better it is, although just 30 minutes will add a lot of flavour.
- Ready In:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 red chilies
- Mix olive oil with coriander, paprika, sugar and the zest of the lime.
- Cover chicken breasts in marinade, squeeze juice of 1/2 lime over the meat, and place in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, place chicken breasts in a baking dish and place 2 lime slices under the skin of each breast.
- Place garlic and chillies around the chicken and roast for 30-35 minutes at around 375 F or 190 C.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I'm crazy about this dish ..although I add a bit of Habanero Sauce to kick up the temp! I cook two homegrown plump chicken breasts (skin on) with the marinade just till done. Very juicy! I live alone so I make sandwiches with the other breast for work. A bit of cream cheese and sliced red pepper with the chicken on Squirrelly bread is awesome! %u2665Reply
Yeah, I know it's called Mexican Lime Chicken, but it's too citrusy for us, but a good starting point to tweak. A point, though. Based on the spelling I suspect Sackville is British or Canadian or such. Using the term "red chilies" doesn't say anything to me. I live where there are many kinds and colors of chilies. Thai? Ripe Jalepeno? Chilitipin? I punted and used two Serranos.Reply
LOVED it!! I'm just so sad that we only made the two servings!!! I marinated two frozen skinless breasts overnight and let it come to room temp for about two hours before tossing it in the oven. I would say that this is more like a wet rub than any marinade I grew up with, so I just kinda patted the tops of the chicken with the spices and put the lime slices under the chicken, I took the liquid after it was done cooking and topped my rice with it and split those delicious garlic cloves open and shmeard it on the chicken...Heaven!! Paired it with Veronicas-Easy-Spanish-Rice-37638. This meal is a keeper! Thanks!1Reply
see 32 more