photo by Vseward Chef-V
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup light olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Mix seasoning with fresh lime juice and oil together in a bowl.
- Place chicken in a reseable plastic bag and pour marinade to coat chicken breast well.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or more. (I usually put this together in the morning and let it merry all day).
- Spray cooking oil on grill. Remove chicken from marinade, and discard.
- Grillchicken 10 minutes or until cooked through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a fantastic marinade -- easy to prepare, light, and very flavorful. It appealed to everyone in our family and inspired me to adapt a Cooking Light salsa recipe to serve on top of it (just posted as Avocado Lime Salsa to Serve with Grilled Chicken). Thanks, Chef-V, for sharing this wonderful recipe. We will definitely be making it often!
Sooo delicious! We only marinated it for 30 minutes but it still had lots of zesty flavor. Next time, and there will be one, I'll let it marinade longer. Used fresh cilantro from the garden and a cut up whole chicken with bones but no skin. This was a PERFECT grilled chicken recipe. Thank you Chef V!!! (P.S. Noah made the marinade sauce all by himself!)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I don't think there's anything better than spending time with family and friends and enjoying delicious food together. I just love food. I love reading about food, writing about food, cooking food and.. not surprisingly, eating food. My latest passion is food-photography! I'm still learning a lot, but I'm trying to post photos with all my recipes and reviews. I read recipe books, magazines and food blogs like novels. I get such satisfaction when someone enjoys a meal or dessert that I have prepared. It is the biggest compliment to me when my family and friends rave about my cooking. There are so many terrific recipes on this site. If I'm looking for something, I'm sure to find it here. I do have stacks of my own favorite recipes which I am slowly but surely getting in my cookbooks here . I have had so many awesome reviews and fabulous photos taken of my recipes... I try to thank everyone personally .. I sincerely appreciate each and every review and or comment left. I know it takes time to photograph and upload photos - So I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for finding and trying my recipes and taking the extra effort...