1/2 Photos of Fabulous Boiled Fruitcake
1 hr 20 mins
A very tasty boiled fruit cake its not heavy--simple to make and inexpensive. this has become a firm favorite with the family This was given to me well over 40 years ago, by an Australian farmers wife. She used to do all her baking in an old wood stove!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the sugar, water,margarine, bicarbonate of soda and dried fruit in a medium saucepan and slowly bring to the boil. As soon as it starts to boil, remove and leave to completely cool.
- 2Add the well beaten egg, mixed spice, pinch of salt, and the flour; mix well.
- 3Line a 9-inch cake tin. Cook at approximately 170°C for about an hour to an hour and a quarter.
- 4To stop it drying out while cooling, it’s advisable to drape a clean tea towel over the cake after about half an hour.
- 5NB - if you are in a hurry for the fruit to cool - place saucepan in some cold water in the sink, iit will cool in under half the time.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fabulous Boiled Fruitcake
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.3
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 149.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: