Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy and good carrot muffin recipe. Add raisins, walnuts or other ingredients if desired.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, oil and brown sugar; beat well.
- Combine egg mixture and flour mixture; mix just until moistened.
- Fold in carrots and drained raisins.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes or eat immediately.
As is, these muffins were wonderful and easy to make. I also tried them with vanilla (preferred).
I've also substituted 1 cup quick-cooking oats for 1 cup flour -- both were equally good. The recipe yielded more than 18 muffins on my 2-inch muffin tins.
Thanks for sharing.
Great easy recipe, not to sweet and if you go the apple sauce instead of oil low fat to.
I made these muffins yes it calls for oil but lists apple sauce but I knew I could substitute them. I find them bland but could easily put different spices in them. Asked for easy recipe and got one. Thanks