1/3 Photos of Extreme Low-Fat Chocolate Cake
This cake is almost fat-free, if you are in need of a chocolate fix and watching your fat intake then this might be what you are looking for ;-) don't bother licking the spoon before baking as the yogurt makes it taste kind of tingly and weird, lol! Watch closely, do not overbake this cake you will need to experiment with length of cooking time to suit your oven and baking pan. Enjoy one or two pieces without any guilt --- for greasing see my Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!) --- *NOTE* for Weight Watchers program it is calculated at 18 pieces/2 points each
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar (can use half white sugar and Splenda if desired)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk yogurt (or use low-fat or fat-free sour cream)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 egg whites (or use 2 whole eggs)
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Generously grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 3In a medium bowl sift the flour with cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- 4In another bowl beat the sugar with egg whites and vanilla until well combined.
- 5Mix in the yogurt and applesauce until thoroughly combined.
- 6Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and beat on low speed until just combined.
- 7Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- 8Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done (watch closely, do not over bake!).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extreme Low-Fat Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.8
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 265.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g