Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful blueberry dessert! This can be made the night before, but do not prepare and top with the whipped cream until ready to serve, or Cool Whip topping thawed, can be used in place of whipped cream, but I think that it is better with real whipped cream. I have even cheated and used 2 cans of blueberry pie filling LOL!
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or to taste)
- crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
CREAM CHEESE LAYER
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (slightly heaping)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- Prepare a 9 x 9-inch square baking pan (or double all ingredients and bake in 13 x 9-inch pan).
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- To make the crust: mix all the crust ingredients together.
- Pat down lightly into bottom of a slightly buttered baking dish/pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes (bake no more than 10 minutes!).
- To make cream cheese layer: mix all cream cheese layer ingredients together in a bowl, with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spread over baked crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- To make the blueberry layer: In a saucepan, combine berries, sugar, 1/2 cup water and lemon juice; bring to a boil.
- In a small cup dissolve 1/2 cup cold water and cornstarch, and add to the berry mixture.
- Stir and cook until thickened.
- Pour over the baked cream cheese layer.
- COOL COMPLETELY.
- Whip the cream with sugar.
- Spread over the blueberry mixture.
- Sprinkle with graham crumbs.
- Refrigerate until serving.