Recipe by Stewie
This cornbread remains moist and is so good! We really enjoy it with soups or chili.
Top Review by Marie
My daughter in law had us over for a Tex-Mex dinner and said she wanted cornbread and has never been able to find a good recipe for it. I offered to bring it, turned to 'Zaar and found this recipe. It is without a doubt the best cornbread I have ever had and everyone loved it. My 6 year old grandaughter had 4 pieces and at the end of dinner, there wasn't a crumb left. I baked it for exactly 30 minutes and it was so moist and perfectly baked. Thanks so much for posting this awesome recipe!
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces creamed corn
- 1 cup sour cream (I use reduced fat)
- 1 1⁄2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a 13"X9" pan.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F degrees.
- Beat eggs until light, then add the oil and the salt.
- Continue to mix this together and add the creamed corn, the sour cream and finally, the muffin mix.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Add extra taste to the recipe using some of the following if you wish: 1 small can diced (and drained) geen chilies, 1/2-3/4 cup grated cheese (Monterey Jack or medium cheddar work well).