Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This cornbread remains moist and is so good! We really enjoy it with soups or chili.
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces creamed corn
- 1 cup sour cream (I use reduced fat)
- 1 1⁄2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- Lightly grease a 13"X9" pan.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F degrees.
- Beat eggs until light, then add the oil and the salt.
- Continue to mix this together and add the creamed corn, the sour cream and finally, the muffin mix.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Add extra taste to the recipe using some of the following if you wish: 1 small can diced (and drained) geen chilies, 1/2-3/4 cup grated cheese (Monterey Jack or medium cheddar work well).
My daughter in law had us over for a Tex-Mex dinner and said she wanted cornbread and has never been able to find a good recipe for it. I offered to bring it, turned to 'Zaar and found this recipe. It is without a doubt the best cornbread I have ever had and everyone loved it. My 6 year old grandaughter had 4 pieces and at the end of dinner, there wasn't a crumb left. I baked it for exactly 30 minutes and it was so moist and perfectly baked. Thanks so much for posting this awesome recipe!
What a wonderful recipe for cornbread! So very moist and flavorful with excellent texture! Since it is only the two of us here, I scaled the recipe by half: using two eggs, 1/4 cup veg oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 cup sour cream, 4 generous tbs creamed corn and 1 full box mix. I made 6 jumbo muffins which baked for 26 minutes till lightly golden on top. This just may become my favorite cornbread recipe! Thanks, Stewie!
I want to make this,but I'd rather make it from scratch,without using jiffy. Do you have the recipe?