Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This cornbread remains moist and is so good! We really enjoy it with soups or chili.
Make and share this Extra Moist Cornbread with Sour Cream recipe from Food.com.
- Lightly grease a 13"X9" pan.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F degrees.
- Beat eggs until light, then add the oil and the salt.
- Continue to mix this together and add the creamed corn, the sour cream and finally, the muffin mix.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Add extra taste to the recipe using some of the following if you wish: 1 small can diced (and drained) geen chilies, 1/2-3/4 cup grated cheese (Monterey Jack or medium cheddar work well).
My daughter in law had us over for a Tex-Mex dinner and said she wanted cornbread and has never been able to find a good recipe for it. I offered to bring it, turned to 'Zaar and found this recipe. It is without a doubt the best cornbread I have ever had and everyone loved it. My 6 year old grandaughter had 4 pieces and at the end of dinner, there wasn't a crumb left. I baked it for exactly 30 minutes and it was so moist and perfectly baked. Thanks so much for posting this awesome recipe!
What a wonderful recipe for cornbread! So very moist and flavorful with excellent texture! Since it is only the two of us here, I scaled the recipe by half: using two eggs, 1/4 cup veg oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 cup sour cream, 4 generous tbs creamed corn and 1 full box mix. I made 6 jumbo muffins which baked for 26 minutes till lightly golden on top. This just may become my favorite cornbread recipe! Thanks, Stewie!
I want to make this,but I'd rather make it from scratch,without using jiffy. Do you have the recipe?