1/2 Photos of Exotic Indonesian-Style Chicken
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef Boy of Dee's's Note:
I found this recipe in an old cookbook published back in the 80's. I've never tried it, but hey...any new chicken recipe to try couldn't hurt
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken, split in halves (each about 2 pounds)
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of
- 1 teaspoon mashed garlic
- 2 tablespoons garlic-flavored olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced dehydrated onion
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup dijon-style mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1Prepare the baste marinade: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- 2Stir and heat, but only until sauce boils.
- 3Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- 4Season the chickens lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Place them in a baking pan skin side down.
- 6Cover with about 1/3 of the marinade.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- 8Add a little water to pan if the marinade starts to burn.
- 9Turn chicken over (now skin side should be up) and spoon on 1/3 more of the marinade.
- 10Bake an additional 30-45 minutes, or until chickens are tender.
- 11Add more marinade and water as needed during the cooking.
- 12If there is any leftover marinade, gently reheat it and serve as a sauce to be passed around at the table.
- 13This recipe freezes with no problems.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Exotic Indonesian-Style Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 675.0
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 170.1 mg
- Sodium 1249.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 43.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce