EXOTIC INDONESIAN STYLE CHICKEN
photo by nutritionbalance
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 75 g chicken pieces, split in halves (approx. 2 pounds)
- salt and pepper, as per taste
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 lemon (in form of juice)
- 2 -4 garlic, mashed
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt, as per taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- Step 1.
- Prepare the marinade: Combine all ingredients [vinegar, lemon, garlic, onion, oregano, curry powder, Tabasco sauce] in a saucepan. Stir and heat, but only until sauce boils. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Step 2.
- Season the chickens lightly with salt and pepper to taste. Place them in a baking pan. Cover with about ?rd of the marinade.
- Step 3.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. Add a little water to pan if the marinade starts to burn. Turn chicken over and spoon on rd more of the marinade.
- Step 4.
- Bake an additional 30-45 minutes, or until chickens are tender.
- Step 5.
- Add more marinade and water as needed during the cooking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food not only nourishes our body but it nurtures our mind & soul too. Learn such easy & quick recipes that are good for health & at the same time tastes divine...