Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy to make and delicious. An amazing cookie!
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- Sift together dry ingredients; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, and sugars until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in milk and vanilla.
- Gradually mix in the sifted ingredients until well blended.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in cornflakes, oats, coconut, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls and place 2 inches apart on parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slightly under baking these cookies yields wonderfully chewy cookies.