Recipe by PorkMaidenCF4L
I think my mother found this in a magazine in the 80's, and it has been a staple of our family ever since. Delicious, simple, and hearty.
- 1 large onion, Chopped
- 1 lb ground beef, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 10 ounces dry elbow macaroni
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (medium or sharp)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, brown the ground beef and onion in a large skillet.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sugar to the beef and simmer on low until the pasta is done.
- Add the cooked pasta, stirring completely into the beef and tomatoes.
- Add 1 C of the cheese to the mix and stir until cheese is melted.
- Add the remainder of the cheese to the top of the casserole, spreading evenly. Cover and let sit on low until all the cheese is melted.