Recipe by plove53
My Grandmother use to make this it was easy, fast, and cheap. Instead of using a large roast she would use a chuck steak… I do have to say it is very tasty. I also use more vinegar (‘cause I like vinegar) but you can use less. Keep an eye on the cooking and add water if needed.
- 1 -2 lb chuck steak
- 1 lb carrot
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 large onion (sliced thick)
- 3 potatoes (sliced in quartered)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 -3 sprigs parsley
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- olive oil, for pan
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- You should use a large frying pan (chicken fryer) Place on high heat add oil let heat up
- Add Chuck Steak and brown meat on both sides.
- Add Vinegar, Water let cook a few minutes.
- Add Carrots, Celery, Onion, Garlic, Potato’s, Bay Leave, Parsley, and Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer and cover.
- Let Simmer for around 1 ½ hour (or until meat is tender).